If you want to create Public Pages in Notion, this guide will help you go through the process. At times, you might want to make a Notion page public so that others can view or edit it remotely. By default, all the Notion pages are private. However, there could be times when you might want to share a Notion page with someone outside of your team. At those moments, you need to make the page public. If you want to do the same, this guide is for you.
How to create Public Pages in Notion
To create Public Pages in Notion, follow these steps:
- Open Notion website and select a page.
- Click on the Share button.
- Toggle the Share to web button.
- Set the rules.
- Click the Copy button.
- Send the link to anybody.
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
First, you need to open the Notion website and select a page you want to make public. Once selected, click the Share button visible in the top-right corner. Then, toggle the Share to web button to turn it on.
Once you do that, the selected page will become public. However, you need to set some filters. For example:
- Allow editing: If you want to allow others to edit your Notion page, you can toggle this button. By default, it is not enabled for any page so that it stays protected and limited.
- Allow comments: Notion enabled this setting by default. In other words, users can comment on your page. If you want to get feedback on something, enabling this option is probably the best choice.
- Allow duplicate as template: If you turn on this setting, you can allow users to duplicate your page as a template.
- Search engine indexing: If you want to allow search engines, such as Google, Bing, etc., to index your Notion page, you can toggle this button to turn it on. However, this feature is limited to paid users only.
Once you are done with all the filters, you can click the Copy button to copy the link and share it with anybody.
Recipients can open the link in their browser to check the Notion page.
However, if you want to make a public page private on Notion, you need to open the same page, click the Share button, and toggle the Share to web button to turn it off.
For your information, Notion uses a weird domain to make your pages unique. However, you can customize the domain name on Notion as per your requirements. For that, click on the Settings & Members option visible on the top-left corner and switch to the Settings tab.
Find the Domain section and enter the customized domain in the box.
If it is available, click the Update button and confirm the change.
Are your Notion pages public?
No, your Notion pages are not public by default. That said, you can write anything privately on your pages. However, if you want to make the Notion pages public, you need to create a unique link for your page and share it with others.
Can anyone see my Notion pages?
No, nobody can see your Notion pages unless or until you share them with someone. Except for your team members, others cannot view any Notion page. However, if you want to share a page with someone, click on the Share button and toggle the Share to web option.
How do I create a private workspace in Notion?
All the workspaces in Notion are private by default. They are not visible to others if they are not a member of your team. However, you can make a workspace public by sharing it with others. For that, you can click the Share button and enter the email address of the person to invite him/her.
That’s all! Hope this guide helped you make Notion pages public.