PowerPoint is a platform used for making a presentation. Persons will create their presentations with pictures, shapes, and PowerPoint built-in ideas that can make your presentation look stylish and unique to your viewers. Did you know in PowerPoint, you can use videos taken from your photo cameras and the internet as background for your presentation, whether as an intro in the middle of the presentation or as an outro? In this tutorial, we will explain how to make an animated moving background on a PowerPoint slide
How to create animated moving background in PowerPoint
Follow the steps below on how to make a moving background in PowerPoint:
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint
- Type a topic on any slide layout you choose to use.
- Insert a video from your file onto your PowerPoint slide.
- Align the video on the slide.
- Right-click the video and click Send to back.
- You can change the font and size of the text on your slide.
- Ensure that the video is selected.
- Click the Playback tab and click the Volume button and select Mute to remove the sound from the video.
- Go to the Start button and select Automatically from the options menu.
- Then check the checkbox for Loop until Stopped.
- Then click the Slide Show button to see the slide with an automatically playing background.
Launch Microsoft PowerPoint.
Type a topic on any slide layout you choose to use.
Now we will insert the video into the slide.
Go to the Insert tab and click the Video button in the Media group.
Choose This Device from the menu.
An Insert dialog box will open. Choose a video from your file and click Insert.
Expand and align the video on the slide.
Right-click the video and click Send to back on the context menu.
Now change the text on the slide to white.
You can change the font of the text if you want.
Click on the video.
If you have sound on the video, you can go to the Playback tab and click Volume in the Video options group.
Now we want the video to play automatically.
Go to the Start in the Video options group and select Automatically from the options menu.
Then we will check the checkbox for Loop until Stopped.
Loop until Stopped will repeat the audio and video clip until it is stopped.
Then click the Slide Show button to see the slide with an automatically playing background.
You can make additional editing to your video by using the tools in the Video Format tab.
The Video Format tab contains tools to format your videos such as:
- Corrections: The Corrections tool improves the contrast and brightness of the video.
- Recolor: The Recolor tool recolor the video to give it a stylized effect such as greyscale and a sepia tone.
- Poster Frame: The Poster Frame tool set the preview image for the video image.
- Reset Design. Resets all formatting changes you have made to the selected video.
- Video shape: Change the shape of the video preserving all the formatting.
- Video Border: Specify the color, width, and line style for the outline of the selected video.
- Video Effect: Apply a visual effect to the video such as Shadow, Glow, Reflection, or 3D-Rotation.
You can also add Frames to your video by clicking any of the options in the video style gallery
Can you have an animated background in PowerPoint?
Yes, you can have an animated background in PowerPoint. In Microsoft PowerPoint, in order to have a moving background or an animated background, you can use short video clips from your video files or the internet.
How do you make a PowerPoint animated?
- Select the object or text you want to animate.
- Select the Animations tab and choose an animation from the Animation gallery.
- Select Effect Options and choose an Effect.
How do you make a PowerPoint Slide Show autoplay?
To make a PowerPoint auto-play, follow the steps below:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation
- Click the Slide Show tab and click the Set Up Slide Show button in the Set Up group.
- A Set Up Show dialog box will open.
- In the dialog box, check the checkbox for Loop continuously until “ESC” under the Show options section.
- Then click OK.
Can I save a PPT as a video?
Yes, you can save a PowerPoint presentation as a video; follow the steps below:
- Click File.
- Click Export on the left pane on the backstage view.
- Click Create a video on the left pane.
- Then select the Create video button on the left.
- An Export video dialog box will open.
- Click Export.
Why won’t my PowerPoint slides advance automatically?
- Click the Transition tab.
- Under Advance Slide, in the Timing group, check the check box for “On Mouse Click.”
- Click the Apply to all button in the Timing group. This will ensure that your slides move forward in the slide show option.
We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to make a video background in PowerPoint; if you have questions about the tutorial, let us know in the comment