If you are looking to download a free desktop countdown timer for Windows 10/8/7, you can check out Hourglass. This free software lets you set the timer in various ways. This article will show you all the features, options, etc. of this countdown timer software for Windows.
Desktop countdown timer for Windows 10
You can find all the essential features in Hourglass. Here is a list:
- Set time in any format: There is no limitation of setting time. You can choose any form such as 20 seconds, 1 hour, two days, five weeks, four months, one year, and so on. The timer will keep running in the background no matter what time you have set.
- Pause and resume: You can pause and resume a running timer whenever you need.
- Choose different sound: There are some preset sounds to choose that plays when the timer gets expired.
- Theme: By default, it fetches the white theme, but it can be changed from the settings panel.
- Multiple timers: You can start more than one timer so that you can track different tasks.
- Loop timer: If you need to repeat a timer, you can do that from the settings.
There are several other features and options, but you need to start using this tool to get them all.
Download the software from the official website. If you download the installer, you need to install this software. However, if you download the portable file, there is no need to install anything. In that case, double-click on the downloaded file to open it. After opening, you can see a window like this-
To set up a timer, click the preset time, and write down your time. For example, you can write 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, and so on. After that, click the Start button.
Each timer comes with a title. You can change this title to use a timer in different situations.
To change the title of a timer, click the “Click to enter title” option on the Hourglass window, and write down the desired title. This needs to be done before starting a timer.
If you need to pause or resume the timer, you need to hover your mouse over the timer to get such options.
Hourglass settings and options
To reveal all the options, right-click on the empty space on the Hourglass window. Here you can find all these following options:
- New timer
- Always on top
- Full screen
- Prompt on exit
- Show in the notification area: If you are using Windows 10, and you want to show the timer in the notification area, you can enable this setting.
- Loop timer: If you want to repeat a timer, you need to check this option.
- Pop up when expired
- Close when expired
- Recent inputs: You can find all the latest timers in this section.
- Saved timers: If you have saved any timer in the Hourglass app, you can find them in here.
- Theme: To change the default white theme, you have to utilize these options.
- Sound: If you want to change the timer expiry sound, open up this section, and choose a different sound.
This menu contains some handy options such as:
- Do not keep the computer awake
- Open saved timers on startup
- Show time elapsed instead of time left
- Shut down when expired
- Windows title: This option lets you change the default windows title.
That’s all! If you like this software, you can download it from the official download page.
There are some more free desktop countdown timer apps here that you may want to take a look at.
- Tags: Freeware