One of the easiest and most effective to get your page popular is to choose a great username. This information is pretty common and most admins try to pick the best possible username for their page. When these admins tried picking a name for their page, they encountered the following error message.
Username Isn’t Available – This page isn’t eligible to have a username
Let us see what to do if you see a Facebook error This page isn’t eligible to have a username.
Fix Facebook This page isn’t eligible to have a username
If Facebook says This page isn’t eligible to have a username, you need to first check if you are meeting the following two requirements to create a username for your page.
- You must have at least 24-Page likes.
- You should have at least one post.
In case, you are meeting the requirements and are still not able to pick a username for your page, you need to assign a friend or colleague a new role. Also, make sure to inform them first as they need to accept the request.
To do the same, follow the prescribed steps.
- Open Facebook and go to your page.
- Go to Manage Page > Settings.
- Click on Page Role.
- Go to Assign a New Page Role, in the field, type the username or email ID of the person you want to give the position of admin, select their profile, and set Admin.
- Click Add.
- You have to enter some password and carry out authentication and make your friend a new admin.
Once your friend or colleague is the admin of the page, ask them to change the username. To create a username, follow the prescribed steps.
- Login with an admin account.
- Go to the page and click on the Create @Username button.
- You will see a window asking for your username, enter the same, and proceed.
- There will be a green tick option and the Create Username will turn blue.
- Finally, click on the Create Username button and you will be good to go.
Hopefully, this will help you set a new username; if it doesn’t, we suggest you contact Facebook Support.
What makes a Facebook page eligible for a username?
As per the guidelines, you need to have at least 24-Page Likes and one post published on your site. Also, as a side note, it is recommended to have an old and verified personal account. If after meeting all the mentioned criteria you are not able to make a username, check the workaround mentioned in this post. Follow the mentioned steps and you will be good to go.
Read: Secure your Facebook account: Tips & Security Applications for Facebook
Why isn’t my Facebook business page eligible for a username?
You need to make sure that the username that you are entering is not already taken by someone else. Other than that, make sure that you have equal to or more than 24-Page Likes and one post published on your site. If your personal ID is new or not verified, you will not be able to set a username. So, before setting a username, make sure that you are meeting these conditions.
Also Read: Fix Facebook Messenger not working on the computer.