There’s been a steep rise in the number of data leak incidents. Many agencies are directly tapping into the servers of major internet companies to access users’ personal information without their consent. MCrypter, a powerful and easy-to-use encryption program, saves you from this abnormal situation. It lets users easily and quickly encrypt text files, passwords, and plain text.
MCrypter can encrypt Text files & Passwords
MCrypter uses a combination of several standards, namely-
- AES 256 – A symmetric-key block cipher to secure your data against brute-force attack
- AES 128 – A symmetric encryption algorithm that supports a block length of 128 bits and key lengths of 128 bits
- 3DES – A.K.A Triple DES Triple Data Encryption Algorithm is a symmetric-key block cipher, which applies the DES cipher algorithm three times to each data block.
- RC2 – RC2 is a 64-bit block cipher with a variable key size and using 18 rounds.
- RC4 – one of the popular software stream cipher and used in popular protocols, such as SSL (protect Internet traffic)
It is quite easy to use. All you need to do is download the application. It is also available as a portable application which requires no installation.
Upon launch, all you see is a clean and uncluttered interface with two main sections as seen in the screenshot.
Starting from the left, you can add the material or data to be encrypted and preview the same when done. Alternatively, you can paste the encrypted data, in the right panels to reverse or undo the whole operation.
Once your data is encrypted completely, its encryption key will be generated and visible in the lower corner. If required, you can generate or create a new code by filling in random characters within the code.
Likewise, the free program enables you to include an encryption key. This is handy in case you want to recover the data you encrypted.
MCrypter looks good and is completely safe for use as it was found to be clean against any kind of 3rd-party offers. You can download it from toolslib.net.