There are many programs that let you search the Web and download songs. However, only few are effective in their function. Moreover, they are pricey and sometimes do not offer enough options to download music from multiple services.
If you are a music junkie or the kind of user who regularly downloads and stores the music on computer, try Songr, a freeware with an ad-free interface to search for your favorite music.
Freeware to search and download music
The main window of the program, along with simple and minimalist interface offers a dedicated search aggregator for MP3 songs. All a user need to do is enter a keyword. The program then searches the string entered in various search engines shown in the screen-shot below.
In Songr, files are not required to be downloaded first. If you want, you can play them right away, once they have been located, right there in the search field. By simply double-clicking it, the item in the list can be played.
Alternatively, you can download the same item to a hard drive by right-clicking and selecting ‘Download’ or accessing ‘Save’ button from the top of the window. The results are invariably displayed and sorted in order of quality, thereby giving you the chance to easily download the one with best quality.
There is an additional search option in Songr, ‘Search by Lyrics’ that lets a user search for a song by typing part of its lyrics. This is really helpful for someone who remembers just part of lyrics but not the title of the song. Apart from all this, You can download HQ/HD YouTube videos and extract the audio track and even buy your favorite songs from Amazon, eMusic, Rhapsody and Zune.
- Download or listen to streaming music from 16 mp3 search engines
- Full album search
- Automatic conversion of results to direct links to listen with your favorite media player
- Audio extraction from YouTube videos
- Search by lyrics: Type some words and get the name of the song and an audio preview!
- Search by artist
- Download HQ/HD YouTube videos and optionally extracts the audio track as mp3
- Double clicking a mp3 file opens it directly in Windows Media Player
- Automatic updates check, to get more search engine connectors
- Links to buy music from Amazon and Rhapsody
- Ad-free interface
- Easy to use
- Lets you search songs by lyrics
- Also downloads YouTube videos
- Results are not perfect always
- Downloads can’t be paused
Songr is very light on resources, weighs only 4.0MB and works well on Windows 10 too. Requires .NET Framework 3.5.