We all know aware of and use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V tips to execute the copy and paste commands easily. Perhaps, it is one of the most widely used functions and well-known tip of the Windows operating system. Sometimes you may want to prepare a presentation, in which you want to use important graphs from your Excel. Now when you use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, the end-results isn’t too good and definitely what you may be looking for!
This is the look you get if you use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
And this is the look you will get if you follow our tip.
To achieve a perfect and a professional look, you can follow these steps:
- First open the Microsoft Excel 2010 file, whose graph you want to use in your presentation. I am using a dummy excel file which has hypothetical graph showing some relation between males and females.
- Now select the graph in your Excel file and press Ctrl+C.
- Open your Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+V. A Window will come out.
- Select Picture (Enhanced MetaFile) and click on OK. You will see the graph with proper outlining and lot more professional look.
Yes, that’s all! So in short, you actually used Ctrl+Alt+V instead of traditional Ctrl+V. Actually, the whole credit goes to Windows Enhanced MetaFile which preserves all the graph related information like edges, colors, etc. I hope you find it a worth-while and a time-saving tip for making professional presentations.