Compared to the existing Edge, many features are easy to customize on the new Edge Chromium browser – and it follows the same standards as other browsers. One such customization is the setting up of the default location to download the files using the browser. Even though a minor feature, it helps if you download on a daily basis. In this guide, we will be checking out how to change the default download location for the new Microsoft Edge.
Change default download location in Edge browser
- Open Edge browser > Click the menu button (three horizontal dots)
- In the drop-down menu which appears, click on the Settings menu item
- It will open the Settings section of the Edge Browser
- Click on the Downloads section in the left panel
- Here, you have two options:
- Location: It displays the current location of the download folder. Then there is a Change button to set the default download folder.
- Ask where to save each file before downloading. You can Toggle on or off.
If you want to choose the download location every time, toggle on the second option. But if you’re going to change the default location, you can click the Change button for the first option.
It will open a mini File Explorer pop up. Navigate around and select the default location to download all the files. Click ok, and you have set a new default location for all future downloads.
Alternatively, you can directly open the Downloads settings using a shortcut. Type the below-mentioned command in the address bar of the Microsoft Edge browser, and hit the Enter key.
I hope this guide was helpful.