The AMD OverDrive Utility is a free overclocking software designed to allow you to maximize the capability, flexibility, and adjustability of the AMD chipset products. It also allows users to tune parameters to ensure system stability, optimize performance, and control cooling/acoustic characteristics.
NOTE: The AMD site says that AMD OverDrivetool is no longer supported or available for download. Please consider upgrading to an AMD Ryzen Processor for overclocking via AMD Ryzen Master.
AMD OverDrive Utility
- Maximum control for massive headroom personalizes your experience with state-of-the-art real-time overclocking. Used by world-record-setting overclockers across the globe, AMD OverDrive™ gives you unprecedented control over your processor, memory, and chipset to push the performance envelope further than ever before.
- AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles Achieve optimum high-speed DDR3 performance with pre-tuned memory profiles. Open up bandwidth and overclock your memory for even more performance.
- AMD Smart Profiles Tune performance when you run the applications you use most. Set optimum affinity and performance based on our default profiles or customize your own.
- Customizable AutoClockMore options for experienced users to automatically tune their PC
- Fan ControlEnhanced support for monitoring your PC and taking control
- Ready to use with Microsoft Windows.
You can download it from here.
Do note the word of caution on the AMD page :
THIS UTILITY MAY DISABLE SECURITY / ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, OR ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR SYSTEM. REVIEW ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING. AMD’S PRODUCT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES CAUSED BY OVERCLOCKING, EVEN WHEN ENABLED VIA AMD SOFTWARE.
Those who have AMD processors may want to check out Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.