It may happen at times, esp if your computer is old, that your CD or DVD tray just will not open even if you click on its Eject or Open button.
Well, here are a few things you can try!
1. Restart your Windows PC and see if it helps. You may also try clicking on the Eject button while the computer is booting and see if it works.
2. Check if any locking software exists on your computer which prohibits the tray being opened.
3. Ensure that all your power cables are not loose and are properly connected.
2. Open Computer folder and right-click the icon for the CD or DVD drive that is stuck, and then click Eject.
3. Look for a small hole below the Drive Tray. This is the Manual Tray Release. Take a pin or a straightened-out paper click and insert and push it in the hole. At the same time you may have to continue to press the tray’s Open or Eject button.
4. Check out Tray Control. It is a simple utility to Open or Close the Tray for Optical Drives.
This is quite a handy utility to have, if your tray gets stuck frequently due to some reason.
5. If things still don’t work out I guess you will have to open the machine’s side-panels and open the tray manually either yourself or with the help of a technician.
Know of any more tricks? Please do share below in the Comments!