In Windows 8, by default, the Hibernate option is not activated in the Power Button options. Users may notice that there is no hibernate option in Windows 8. The default options available are Shutdown, Restart, and Sleep. I am sure many of us, who use PC’s a lot and have multiple programs open all the time, miss the Hibernate option.
Show Hibernate option in Windows 8
To display the Hibernate option in the Power button list, you need to follow these simple steps:
1. Go to All Control Panel items and open Power Options from the list of items.
2. Now under Power Options, select Chose what the power button does from the left pane list of options.
3. Now, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable to change the power settings mentioned there.
4. Check the Hibernate option available in the list and click on Save Changes button.
That’s it! The Hibernate option is now available in the list of Power Button options.
This of course applies to Windows 7 too - but they can check this post too.
Want to check out these links?
- Difference between Sleep, Hybrid Sleep and Hibernation in Windows 7
- Should you hibernate or turn off your Windows PC at night?