How many times has it happened with you that you want to cancel a print job, but when you right-click on the print job to end the stuck print job, it does nothing? Moreover, you are also unable to print anything. In short, your print queue gets jammed – neither can you print anything nor cancel the pending print jobs.
Cancel stuck Print Job queue
If you face this issue of a stuck print job on your Windows 10/8/7 system and want to cancel it, but cannot, you have these options.
1) Reboot your Windows computer. You may have noticed that this usually solves the problem, and most usually do this. But this is not an options anyone would like.
2) From the Taskbar printer icon, click open the Printer > Printer Menu > Cancel all documents.
3) Manually flush the print queue. To do this, type services.msc in Windows search and hit Enter to open Services Manager. Navigate down to Print Spooler. Right-click on this services and ‘Stop’ this service.
Next, navigate to the following folder and delete all the CONTENTS of this folder.
Now right-click again on the Print Spooler service and restart it.
Refresh the print queue. Your problem should have been solved.
4) Use this BAT file. Copy-paste the following in Notepad and save it as a .bat file:
@echo off echo Stopping print spooler. echo. net stop spooler echo Erasing Temporary Junk Printer Documents echo. del /Q /F /S "%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*" echo Starting print spooler. echo. net start spooler
5) Use a nifty tool called Print Flush. This utility is a simple batch file that takes all the steps necessary to un-jam a printer queue and more. Go get it here.
6) In Windows 10, open Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select the printer, and under it, you will see a button appear – Open queue. Click on it to see the queue of printing jobs. Right-click on the job and select Cancel all documents.
7) The Print Spooler Cleanup Diagnostic from Microsoft removes non-Microsoft print processors and monitors. Additionally, it collects basic information about the print spooler and the computer, such as information about print drivers, printers, basic networking, and failover clustering and offers various modes of cleanups.
Have a nice day!