We are happy to release the OneWorld Theme For Windows 7. This theme has been developed for WinVistaClub by one of our forum members tweakwindows. While you may have come across many themes for Windows 7, this one changes the Task Pane & the Welcome Center too, and is thus a ‘first of its kind’ theme for Windows 7.
The 8MB OneWorld Theme For Windows 7 zip file contains :
1) OneWorld themepack
4) Instructions for installing the theme.
How To Install :
1) Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file.
2) Double-click on the file named “OneWorld.themepack” to apply the theme.
3) Open %systemroot%\Windows\System32 folder. Locate and take ownership of the file Oobefldr.dll. Next rename this file as OobefldrOLD.dll, so that it remains as your backup should you ever need it. Now copy the Oobefldr.dll file from the theme folder into the System32 folder. This will give you a new looking Welcome Center.
4) Do the same with Shell32.dll file. This will change the Task Pane.
You can also simply download and use our Ultimate Windows Tweaker and apply the tweak in the Additional Options page. This will add Take Ownership to your right click context menu. Most tweaks work on Windows 7. This one does. If you need any help on how to take ownership or how to apply the theme, please visit the Support Thread at the TWC Forum.
This theme has been tested on 32-bit Windows 7; not sure if it works on x64 systems. The wallpapers are not our creations, but collected from various sources from the internet. All credit for their creation go to the respective designers. If I am violating any copyright, let me know, we will either credit it or remove it from the theme pack.
Take care, you will be touching and replacing system files, and hence while geeks may feel comfortable doing it, layman may want to consider just applying the themepack only. Do create a system restore point first, in any case. Use Windows Themes Installer for Windows 7 & Vista.
Post ported from WinVistaClub