Charts are very beneficial to many Microsoft users, such as making information easy to understand to your audiences due to it being visual. Charts are often used in business for marketing or used in schools to explain a point. Microsoft Access is a program that is used for database management, but you can create a chart in an Access report or Form. In this tutorial, we will explain how to create a pie chart in report design in Microsoft Access.
How to create a Pie Chart in Access
Follow the steps below to create a Pie Chart in Microsoft Access Report Design:
- Launch Microsoft Access.
- Type in your data or use existing data.
- Click the Create tab and click the Report Design button.
- Click the Insert Modern Chart button and select Pie Chart.
- Draw the Pie Chart on the grid.
- In the Data Source section, choose the option where the data is coming from Tables, Queries, or Both.
- In the Format Data Series section, you can display the data labels by clicking the checkbox.
- Open the Property Sheet by double clicking the chart, then name the Chart title and change the Change Title Font Color, or you can remove the chart title.
- Then click View in the Views group and select Report View.
- Right-click the report and select Save.
- Name the report and click OK.
- Now we have a report.
Launch Microsoft Access.
Enter data or use existing data.
Click the Create tab and click the Report Design button in the Report group.
It will open on the Report Design pane.
Click the Insert Modern Chart button in the Controls group.
Select Pie Chart from the menu.
Now you will see a mini plus sign with a chart. Draw it onto the grid.
A Chart Settings pane will appear on the right.
In the Data Source section, you will see options, Tables, Queries, and Both. These options represent where you want the data to come from. In this tutorial, we choose Tables because the data we want to turn into a Pie Chart is in a table.
Below are the Axis (Category), Legend (Series), and Values (Y axis). We do not want any more changes to the chart, so we leave these sections alone.
Now click the Format tab.
In the Format Data Series section, you can display the data labels by clicking the Display Data Labels checkbox. Now you will see the data labels on the chart.
If you want to add a chart title name to your Pie Chart, double-click the chart, and a Property Sheet pane will open.
In the pane, scroll down until you see Chart Title on the opposite side and enter a chart title.
If you want to change the color of the Chart Title. On the Property Sheet pane, scroll down until you see the Chart Title Font Color; click the drop-down arrow to select a color or the 3 dots at the end.
If you want to hide the Chart Title, click the 3 dots and select the white background color in the Chart Title Font color section.
Close the Property pane and the Chart Settings pane.
Then click View in the Views group and select Report View to see how the pie chart would look on a report.
To save the report, right-click the report and select Save.
A Save As dialog box will open. Name the report and click OK.
Now we have a chart in a Report.
Can you create charts in Access?
Yes, you can create Charts in Microsoft Access, like Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. When it comes to Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, you can find the charts on the Insert tab, but when it comes to Access, you must create a chart in a Form or Report Design.
How do you create a chart in Access 2007?
Follow the steps below on how to create a chart in Access 2007:
- On the Create tab, create the Blank Form button.
- On the Blank Form Layout view, click the Design View tab.
- Now you will see a chart icon in the Controls group.
- Draw a square on the blank Form grid.
- The Chart Wizard will open.
- Choose the Next button.
- Add the fields that you want to merge and the numerical data that you want to add to the chart.
- Click the Next button.
- Now you see a wide selection of charts you can select from.
- Choose a chart, then click Next.
- Give your chart a title, then click Finish.
How do you insert a modern chart in Access?
To insert a modern chart in Access, open a Form Design or a Report Design pane and insert the Modern Chart button in the Controls group; you will see various charts in the menu, choose a chart and draw it on the Form Design or Report Design grid.
We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to create a Pie Chart in Microsoft Access.