Number style is a feature in Microsoft Publisher that allows the user to choose a style for numbers in the selected text. Some fonts include different numerical styles with varied spacing, vertical positioning, and appearance that may work better in the context of your publication. The number style formatting can only be applied to numbers in a text box.
How to apply Number styles in Publisher
Follow the steps below to apply Number styles in Microsoft Publisher:
- Launch Publisher.
- Draw a text box into the publication.
- Type into the textbox.
- Highlight the number
- On the Text Box tab, in the Typography group, click Number Styles and choose a style format from the menu.
- The number format will change according to the style you have selected.
Draw a text box into the publication.
Type into the textbox.
Highlight the number
On the Text Box tab, in the Typography group, click the Number Styles button and choose a style format from the menu.
In the drop-down menu, there are several styles you can choose from, namely:
- Default: The style that is recommended for your font.
- Proportional lining: Full-height numbers spaced proportionally.
- Tabular Lining: Full-height numbers spaced equally.
- Proportional Old-style: Numbers that read well with the text.
- Tabular Old-style: Numbers that read well with space equally.
Choose which style most suit you.
Read: Microsoft Publisher cannot save the file as PDF.
How do you apply Styles in Publisher?
In Microsoft Publisher, you can apply various styles to your publication located on your Home tab, such as font styles, bullet styles, styles or on the Textbox tab, such as drop cap, stylistic sets, and number styles; in this tutorial, we will discuss how to apply number styles to your numbers in a textbox.
How do I format page numbers in Publisher?
After inserting page numbers in Publisher, you can easily format them. To do so, go to “Insert > Page Number > Format Page Numbers.” Now, you can select the Number format from the drop-down. Different types of number formats are available in Publisher, including, Roman numbers, Alphabets, Numbers with spellings, etc. You can also select the starting page number. For example, if you want page numbers to start from 2, you can do so by entering 2 in the “Start this section with” option.
We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to apply number styles; if you have questions about the tutorial, let us know in the comments.