Here is the list of fixes offered by FixWin 10 for Windows 10.
– Recycle Bin icon is missing from Desktop
– WerMgr.exe or WerFault.exe Application Error
– Folder Options is missing from Control Panel or has been disabled by administrator or malware
– Fix Recycle Bin when its icon doesn’t refresh automatically
– Explorer doesn’t start on startup in Windows
– Thumbnails not showing in File Explorer
– Reset Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin is corrupted.
– CD drive or DVD drive isn’t recognised by Windows or other programs
– “Class not registered” error in File Explorer or Internet Explorer
– “Show hidden files, folders and drives” option isn’t shown in Folder Options
Internet & Connectivity
– Right Click Context Menu of Internet Explorer is disabled
– Cannot connect to internet. There’s some problem in Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
– Problem regarding DNS resolution. Fix it by clearing DNS resolver cache
– Long list of failed and installed updates. Clear Windows Update History
– Problem with Windows Firewall settings. Reset Windows Firewall Configuration
– Reset Internet Explorer To Default Configuration.
– Runtime errors are appearing in Internet Explorer while surfing
– Optimize Internet Explorer maximum connections per server to download more than two files at the same time
– Internet Options are missing in Settings under “Advanced” tab of “Internet Options” dialog box
– Repair Winsock (Reset Catalog)
– Having problem downloading Apps from Store. Clear and reset Store cache
– The Application wasn’t installed from Windows Store. Error Code: 0x8024001e
– Windows Store apps not opening. Re-register all apps
– Reset Settings app. Settings doesn’t launch z
– Disable OneDrive. OneDrive runs in background and syncs huge amount of files.
– Repair corrupt Windows Component Store z
– Start Menu doesn’t work or doesn’t open in Windows 10
– Wi-fi doesn’t work after upgrading to Windows 10
– Windows Updates stuck downloading updates after upgrading
– “Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator” or Task Manager Option is disabled
– “Command Prompt has been disabled by your administrator” and can’t run any cmd or batch file
– “Registry Editor has been disabled by your administrator”
– Enable MMC Snap-ins. Some viruses disable Snap-ins which prevents Group Policy (gpedit.msc) and similar services to run
– Reset Windows Search to defaults. This will fix issues related to Windows Search
– “System Restore has been disabled by your administrator. Please contact your system administrator.”
– Device Manager isn’t working properly and not showing any devices.
– Repair Windows Defender. Reset all Windows Defender settings to default.
– Action Center and Windows Security Center don’t recognise installed AntiVirus or Firewall or still identifies old AV as installed.
– Reset Windows Security settings
– Under a seperate Advanced System Information tab, you can seee specifications of your system like number of threads in processor, number of logical processors, maximum display resolution, maximum refresh rate, etc.
The following built-in Windows troubleshooters can be launched directly from FixWin:
– Playing Audio
– Recording Audio
– Shared Folders
– Internet Explorer Performance
– Internet Explorer Safety
– Windows Media Player Settings
– Windows Media Player Library
– Windows Media Player DVD
– Internet Connections
– Hardware and Devices
– Incoming Connections
– System Maintenance
– Network Adapter
– Windows Update
– Search & Indexing
Plus: Links to troubleshooters that fix:
- Mail & Calendar apps crashes
- Settings app does not launch
- Windows 10 Printer troubleshooter
- Windows 10 Store apps troubleshooter
– Enable Hibernate. Hibernate option is missing from Shutdown options
– Restore the Sticky Notes delete warning dialog box
– Aero Snap, Aero Peek or Aero Shake isn’t working
– Fix Corrupted Desktop Icons. Fix and rebuild corrupted icon cache.
– Taskbar jump list is missing or doesn’t store MRU file list
– Notifications have been disabled
– Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine
– Office documents do not open after upgrading to Windows 10
– The recovery image cannot be written. Error code – 0x8004230c
– Windows Media Player shows following error: “An internal application error has occurred.”
Hope you find FixWin useful.