USB pen drives, over the years have grown a lot in size and become compatible to accommodate more and more programs and portable applications. WinPenPack is just another example to prove my point! It is, like PortableApps, a portable apps suite for Windows, containing hundreds of different tools.
WinPenPack is a collection of most popular and widely used free applications that have been made portable. All the applications included are portable and therefore requires no installation or settings written into host PC. Moreover, they can be conveniently carried between multiple computers via removable hard disks or USB pendrives.
The tools are included in different packages. Each package varies, but contains files that are executable and provided in the zip form. Also, the programs have been organized into different categories, sufficient enough to cover your needs. The tools have been specifically selected for their popularity and the ease of use.
- Documents Management – Contains text editor, PDF reader and office suite, Microsoft Office open source alternative.
- Web Management – Includes Html editor for web pages creation, FTP client and more.
- Internet – features Internet browser, Instant messenger, mail monitor, email client, download manager and lot more.
- Graphics – contains utilities for managing and elaborating images such as X-GIMP and supports an image viewer too.
- Multimedia – Tools such as CD/DVD burner, audio player, Internet radio player and the tools for downloading your favourite video clips from video websites can be found here.
- Tools – Features tools that allow closing all programs running from a specified drive and attempt ejection.
- Utilities – Includes applications such as X-Lightscreen that allows saving and catalog screenshots in .png, .jpg and .bmp format.
- Security – Antivirus and password storing programs.
- System – Offers folder synchronization and disk cleaning tools.
How to use WinPenPack
- Click on the download link provided at the end of the article.
- When clicked, the link will direct you to the vendor’s site where you will be prompted to select the desired software version and download it.
- Once you have downloaded the edition that suit your needs, use Windows built-in unpacking wizard to extract files. If you choose to download the set up file, you will just need to double-click on it to launch the installation procedure. Doing so installs WinPenPack files and folders either on USB flash drive or on your PC hard drive.
- Now, if you would like to execute WinPenPack from your PC hard drive, do not copy files and folders directly in the main root (C:\or D:\).
- Once the extraction is completed, you can find ‘WinPenPack’ folder and the executable file in the root folder of your flash drive.
- Now, to run the utility, double-click on WinPenPack.exe. A new icon should be visible in your task-bar notification area.
- Left-click on the icon and the main menu will open up.
- Double-click on it to open the configuration menu. Here, you can customize the Menu and modify any of the folders or categories.
Please note that some application require Microsoft .Net Framework to be installed on your PC to run.
For more information and to download WinPenPack, visit the Homepage.
This list of Portable Apps Suites for Windows is sure to interest you.