When running Windows Sandbox if you receive the following error message, Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0xc0370106, The virtual machine or container exited unexpectedly, then this post will help you. This error is caused due to the supporting virtualization components encountering some issues. Let us see how to troubleshoot this issue.
Windows Sandbox failed to start – Error 0xc030106
There are the following working methods to troubleshoot the Windows Sandbox failed to start error with code 0xc0370106:
- Run Windows Sandbox as an Administrator.
- Make sure all the supporting processes are running.
- Install all the pending Windows Updates.
1] Run Windows Sandbox as an Administrator
Scroll down to the entry for Windows Sandbox in the Start Menu.
Right click on it and select More > Run as administrator.
Select Yes for the UAC or User Account Control prompt that you get and you will have Windows Sandbox running properly on your computer.
2] Make sure all the supporting processes are running
Open the Windows Services Manager and make sure that all of these mentioned services are running. You may Restart these Services in the given order:
- Network Virtualization Service.
- Virtual Disk.
- Hyper – V Virtual Machine.
- Hyper – V Host Compute Service.
- Container Manager Services.
Once done, just try running Windows Sandbox again and see.
3] Install all the pending Windows Updates
Go to the Windows Update section of your Windows 10 Settings app and hit the Check for updates button to get any pending updates from Microsoft.
Hope you get it working.
- Windows Sandbox not loading, opening or working
- Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070057, The parameter is incorrect
- Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out
- Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070015, The device is not ready.
- Tags: Sandbox