The Windows Phone 7 MarketPlace, launched with 1,000 odd apps in October 2010, has added over 4000 more apps to date.
There are now 5100+ WP& apps available for Windows Phone 7. In the last 8 days itself, over 1000 more apps were added.
According to WP7Applist.com, 28% of these are Free apps while the remaining 72% are Paid apps with almost 50% of them being priced at $0.99; although some do go upto even $5.00.
You can also find the total number of Windows Phone 7 apps in the Zune software, under Marketplace > Apps or see the total number being displayed at MarketplaceBrowser.com, which currently shows the apps at 5149.
The WP7 MarketPlace has really taken off! The Android market place needed over 6 months to touch this figure when it was launched, although it currently boasts of 200,000 apps.
Wonder when the 10000 figure will be breached at WP7 Marketplace!? Any guesses?