To open & view RAW image format files in Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Explorer and Windows Live Photo Gallery on Windows 10, you can download and install the free Microsoft Camera Codec Pack. The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack enables the viewing of a variety of device-specific file formats. It supports Canon, Epson, Casio, Kodak, Sony, Nikon, Samsung, Panasonic, etc., camera models.
Microsoft Camera Codec Pack
The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack lets you view RAW files from over 120 digital SLR devices. After installing it, you can:
1] Import and view RAW photos
Photo Gallery now supports many popular RAW file formats so you can import, view, and edit your photos in one convenient place.
2] Edit RAW files
When you install the free camera codec pack, you’ll be able to upload uncompressed RAW files directly from your camera—and then view them in Photo Gallery along with your other photos.
3] View RAW files in Windows
Installing the camera codec pack also makes it possible to view RAW files in Windows Explorer.
- The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack enables the viewing of a variety of device-specific file formats in Window Live Photo Gallery as well as other software that is based in Windows Imaging Codecs (WIC).
- Installing this package will allow supported RAW camera files to be viewable in Windows Explorer.
- This package is available in both the x86 and x64 versions.
- The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack provides support for the following device formats:
- Canon: EOS 1000D (EOS Kiss F in Japan and the EOS Rebel XS in North America), EOS 10D, EOS 1D Mk2, EOS 1D Mk3, EOS 1D Mk4, EOS 1D Mk2 N, EOS 1Ds Mk2, EOS 1Ds Mk3, EOS 20D, EOS 300D (the Kiss Digital in Japan and the Digital Rebel in North America) , EOS 30D, EOS 350D (the Canon EOS Kiss Digital N in Japan and EOS Digital Rebel XT in North America), EOS 400D (the Kiss Digital X in Japan and the Digital Rebel XTi in North America), EOS 40D, EOS 450D (EOS Kiss X2 in Japan and the EOS Rebel XSi in North America), EOS 500D (EOS Kiss X3 in Japan and the EOS Rebel T1i in North America), EOS 550D (EOS Kiss X4 in Japan, and as the EOS Rebel T2i in North America), EOS 50D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mk2, EOS 7D, EOS D30, EOS D60, G2, G3, G5, G6, G9, G10, G11, Pro1, S90
- Nikon: D100, D1H, D200, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D300, D3000, D300s, D3X, D40, D40x, D50, D5000, D60, D70, D700, D70s, D80, D90, P6000
- Sony: A100, A200, A230, A300, A330, A350, A380, A700, A850, A900, DSC-R1
- Olympus: C7070, C8080, E1, E10, E20, E3, E30, E300, E330, E400, E410, E420, E450, E500, E510, E520, E620, EP1
- Pentax (PEF formats only): K100D, K100D Super, K10D, K110D, K200D, K20D, K7, K-x, *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS
- Leica: Digilux 3, D-LUX4, M8, M9
- Minolta: DiMage A1, DiMAGE A2, Maxxum 7D (Dynax 7D in Europe, 7 Digital in Japan)
- Epson: RD1
- Panasonic: G1, GH1, GF1, LX3.
- Tags: Codec