Tweet Switch is a free tool that lets you send tweets through popular IM clients. It has been developed by the makers of Comufy, a popular business communication client. The best part about Tweet Switch is that you wont have to download any add-on or extra piece of software.
Just go to their website and click on ‘sign in here’. This will take you to the twitter verification page where you will have to click allow access.
Next you can add up to 5 popular IM clients including Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger. You’ll find three boxes in the web page to which you can add your IM clients. If you are offline in a messenger in the first box then Tweet Switch will send the tweets to the client in the second box and so on.
Then you will receive a friend’s request from tweetswitch bot which you will have to accept. The service basically connects your IM and your twitter account through this bot. To tweet, just type “t” followed by your message in the tweetswitch chat window.
Here are a few other commands:
- To send a DM, type “d @[insert name]” followed by your message.
- To list the last 20 tweets received, type “list” or just “l”.
- To list the last direct messages received, type “ld” or “ldm”.
- To list your last mentions, type “lmen” or “lm”.
- To pause TweetSwitch, type “pause” or “stop”.
- To resume TweetSwitch, type “resume” or “start”
- To check the owner of the account, type “whoami” or “w” for short
- To retweet, type “t RT” and paste the message you wish to retweet.
Although I did not encounter any major issues during my tests the service is still in beta and may have its own set of problems.
Visit : TweetSwitch.com.