Windows 10 now offers some new settings in the Settings app. This Settings app comes with a new option called Troubleshoot, which has some one-click solution to fix various problems related to your computer. Previously, one could access them via the Control Panel or download them fro the Microsoft website. However, Microsoft is now providing quite same functionality within the Windows 10 Settings app. So let us see how to access and use the Troubleshooters page in Windows 10 Settings to solve any problem.
Troubleshoot page in Windows 10
From this page you can easily access and run the following Windows Troubleshooters:
- Blue Screen Troubleshooter
- Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Hardware Troubleshooter
- HomeGroup Troubleshooter
- Incoming Connections Troubleshooter
- Internet Connections Troubleshooter
- Keyboard Troubleshooter
- Network Adapter Troubleshooter
- Playing Audio Troubleshooter
- Printer Troubleshooter
- Power Troubleshooter
- Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Recording Audio Troubleshooter
- Search and Indexing Troubleshooter
- Shared Folders Troubleshooter
- Speech Troubleshooter
- Video Playback Troubleshooter
- Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
You can open the Troubleshoot page by pressing Win+I to open Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot. Here, you will find two different headings called:
- Get up and running
- Find and fix other problems.
Both of them include different troubleshooters.
Get up and running:
- Internet Connection: This option will help you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter to fix any internet connection related problems. If your internet connection is having some problems, for instance, you could click on the Run troubleshooter button.
- Playing Audio: Many people have faced audio issues that prevent users from getting any sound after upgrading their PC to Windows 10. If you are one of them, you can fix the problem using this option.
- Printer: If your Windows 10 machine is not recognizing your Printer even after installing the proper driver and setting it up correctly, you can run this troubleshooter.
- Windows Update: If you face Windows Update issues, you can run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if it helps you.
Find and fix other problems:
- Blue Screen: A Blue Screen is one of the worst problems of Windows computer. Run the Blue Screen troubleshooter to fix Stop Errors. (This has now been removed in Windows 10 v1809)
- Bluetooth: If your computer has a Bluetooth component but you are not able to connect your computer to another Bluetooth enabled device, you can run this fix.
- Hardware and Devices: The Hardware Troubleshooter fixes any hardware related issue.
- HomeGroup: If you have created a HomeGroup but not able to add your computer to your HomeGroup or facing any other problems related to HomeGroup, run the HomeGroup Troubleshooter.
- Incoming Connections: If you have messed up with Windows Firewall settings, this troubleshooter will fix your problem.
- Keyboard: Many times our external keyboard doesn’t work properly. You can find and fix your keyboard related problem using this option.
- Network Adapter: You often face problems while using an Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi. You can fix such problems using this troubleshooter.
- Power: This solves power related issues and helps conserve and extend battery life.
- Program Compatibility Troubleshooter: The Program Compatibility Troubleshooter will help you fix issues and run an old program on your Windows 10 machine.
- Recording Audio: If you face problems with the Voice Recorder app, use this tool.
- Search and Indexing: Windows Search is a powerful tool to find a certain file, folder, app, etc. You can fix any problem related to Search by making use of this tool.
- Shared Folders: If you have created a Shared folder, but other computers are not recognizing it, run this troubleshooter.
- Speech: If you are facing any problem related to the microphone, this option is for you.
- Video Playback: This troubleshooter fixes any problem regarding playing a movie, video, etc.
- Windows Store Apps: There are many Windows Store apps installed on your computer. If you face problems with any one of them, you can solve them by running the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
Microsoft has done a very good thing by clubbing all the Troubleshooters together and making them easily accessible for a single page. So if you ever face any issues, the first thing you want to do is head over to this page and run the corresponding Troubleshooter. The next best thing of course, would be to search for Windows problems here on TWC. 😉
Run Troubleshooter in Windows 10 to resolve problems
Incidentally, you can also access the Windows Troubleshooters from Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Troubleshooting > Click View all in the left side.
Hope this helps!
Read next: How to run Troubleshooter in Windows 10 from the command line.
- Tags: Troubleshoot