Windows 7 can easily be the center of your home entertainment experience ! Here are 7 great things you can do with Windows Media Center in Windows 7.
1. Watch Live TV on your Windows 7 PC: If your Windows 7 PC has a TV tuner, you can use Windows Media Center to watch, pause, and rewind live TV directly on your PC! If you’re Windows 7 PC doesn’t have a TV tuner, you can always add one
2. Turn your Windows 7 PC into a DVR (Digital Video Recorder): Windows Media Center lets you schedule recordings of TV shows and movies. You can even schedule to record all instances (new episodes) of your favorite TV show! Windows Media Center also makes it very easy to view all your recorded content
3. Track your favorite sports, players, and leagues: If you’re a sports nut, you can use Windows Media Center to track your favorite teams and leagues. Windows Media Center lets you track scores, players, and leagues natively within Windows Media Center. You can also see quickly jump to sports on “now” and check sports coming on “later” in Windows Media Center too
4. Easily find the TV shows and movies that you want to watch: Windows Media Center has great search capabilities built-in so you can easily find all your favorite TV shows and movies. This makes it easier to schedule recordings.
5. Access all your personal media in one place – no matter where it is: Windows Media Center brings in all your digital media– photos, movies, music, and recorded TV shows – into one place. Windows Media Center also takes advantage of HomeGroup in Windows 7 and allows you to access digital media content from other PCs!
6. Access your recorded TV and digital media where you want: on the PC or on the TV: Windows 7 supports a variety of high end displays including HDTVs. You can connect your PC to your HDTV and use Windows Media Center to watch and view all your media. Of course this works with a standard PC monitor too. But because Windows 7 makes it easy to share your digital media, you can have 1 PC connected to your HDTV in your home for Windows Media Center and bring in content from all PCs on your home network to that single PC connected to your HDTV.
7. Watch movies and TV episodes instantly from Netflix in Windows Media Center in Windows 7: Watch streaming “Instant Play” movies and TV shows from Netflix! Also add movies to your DVD queue if “Instant Play” is not available. Full control of your Netflix account right from Windows Media Center!
Sourced from The Windows Blog.
Check out this tutorial on how to Turn your Windows PC to a Media Center PC.