The Machine Memory Dump Collector in Windows 10/8/7 is designed to collect machine memory dumps from a machine. This diagnostic collects both full/kernel memory dumps (memory.dmp), the last five machine mini dumps from the past 30 days as well as related information. Machine memory dumps are limited to 8GB in size.
Machine Memory Dump Collector in Windows 10
AS mentioned, this diagnostic tool collects the last five machine mini-dump files from the past 30 days. The tool also collects related system configuration information. This package will also remedy common memory dump configuration issues. To find out which information is collected from a machine by the Machine Memory Dump Collector visit KB2027760.
In addition to the files collected and listed above, this troubleshooter can detect one or more of the following situations:
· Machine is running in a virtual environment
· Presence of machine memory dumps in the past 30 days
· Presence of user-mode memory dumps in the past 30 days
· Problems related with machine memory dump configuration
· Unexpected Shutdown Event Logs on System Log from past 30 days
· Machine Memory Dump related event logs on System log from past 30 days
· Pre-release version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
· Evaluation versions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
For more visit KB973559.