Before finally buying a Windows 7, if you as an end-user, would like to test drive & experience Windows 7 Professional in a fully-functioning environment, without having to install the full version, you can now do so at Microsoft.
Test Drive Windows 7
Simply visit the website and follow the guided steps to complete tasks using Windows 7 Professional features.
Here are some quick tips to get you in the driver’s seat in no time:
– Start by choosing a topic on the right that you would like to try
– You will go through a quick check to ensure that your machine has all the requirements needed to run the test drive
– Once you have passed the requirements, you may have need to wait a few moments while your experience “starts up”. This is a full-functioning version of Windows 7 Professional that you will be accessing, so you can get hands on with all of the new features, without having to install the full version on your own machine.
A few notes about the environment:
– If you have never participated in a Test Drive before, you may receive a pop-up regarding authenticating via NTLM. Please check “Don’t ask me again” and then click “Yes”.
– The Test Drive is configured for the US Keyboard layout, so if you do need to send special keys, like the @ symbol, please note that is SHIFT+2 in US.
– Once your Test Drive begins, we recommend that you download the Lab Manual, by clicking on the “pdf” icon in the upper right side of your console. Or, you can follow along in-line with instructions on the right.
If you would like Microsoft to do the “driving” for you, just click on the video icon next to the topic you are interested in. The video will play automatically in your console.
Please do make sure that you meet the System Requirements, to be able to run the Virtual Demo sessions successfully.
Enjoy Test Driving Windows 7 at Microsoft’s VLabCenter !
Developers & IT Pro’s can also always Test drive Windows 7 HERE.
- Tags: Resources