We had earlier blogged about two apps which make Firefox run faster. Another one, FastestFox is one of the best add-ons Mozilla FireFox has to offer. It will save you time and at the same time, enhance your productivity!
Speed up Firefox with FastestFox
FastestFox, earlier called as Smarter Fox, is a complete package for a general user’s day to day basic needs. It allows you to download all the media files/ links or images of a website directly to your PC. You can get definitions of words just by highlighting them, auto-load next pages and even search more quickly with real-time search results.
One of the best features it has is that it auto-loads the next pages of your search results. This is indeed very helpful.
Here are the instructions on how to install it:
1) Go to this FasterFox page first.
2) Click on Install Fasterfox link.
3) A window will now pop-up. Click on ” Install Now “
It will now do its job and install the add-on for you.
4) When the installing is complete, you click on “Restart Firefox” . Again a window will pop-up saying do you want to restore the tabs you were browsing, select your preference and the browser will now automatically restart.
5) When Mozilla Firefox restarts, you will get a notification on your left-hand side saying that the add-on has been successfully installed.
6) It’s done! Your Mozilla FireFox browser now has FastestFox installed.
Here’s a screenshot of the ” options ” page of FastestFox :
Now, to get started, here are the things you should try out!
– Highlight a word and see what results you get. Here’s an example –
– Go to Google, search something and see how to auto-load feature of FastestFox works.
– When the next page is loading, you see something like this on the right-hand corner…
… and when the loading of the next page is done (it’s quite fast though ) you should be able to see the results of the next page –
It is indeed of the best add-ons I’ve come across, hope you also like it!