If you are looking for a simple collaboration platform that encompasses several social computing features (Forum, Wiki, Bookmarks, Blogs) then try your hands on TeamLab, an open-source platform for business collaboration and project management. The multi-functional web office has been developed by Ascensio System SIA, a fast-growing company that offers IT-solutions for personal and corporate use.
Founded on the idea to make social networking and project management efficient, the web application provides a wide range of features that assist a company team to work as one organism at solving common tasks and achieving results. It grants flexibility in use with 3 deployment solutions available,
- SaaS – For organizations interested in ready-to-use service
- Open source– For experienced users who want to manually configure and maintain portal
- AMI – For companies who wish to deploy TeamLab on their own virtual server
Create web office in the cloud free
The latest and newly enhanced version 3.0 includes fourth module- Documents (intended for storing, sharing, co-authoring, editing files right on the portal).
Tools and Features offered by TeamLab:
- Project Management: build teams, assign tasks, create projects, lead discussions, track the latest activity across all projects and generate time-tracking reports.
- Business Collaboration: Creates and maintains company blog, forum and Wiki styled knowledge base. Besides, it allows sharing photos, bookmarks and news.
- Document Management: Creates, edits, shares and saves documents on your company portal. Also, it provides notification for document changes. You can also import user’s current documents base from Google Docs to TeamLab Docs.
- Instant Messaging: Team Lab devotes chatting option to enable chat ting with employees in real time. The feature can be integrated into most popular IM clients. Users are free to set up notifications on the latest community/project activity via IM.
- Calendar: Organizes personal and corporate work schedule and coordinates team activities by setting meetings and discussing current and future events.
By offering all the above mentioned features for free, TeamLab enables companies to easily integrate cutting edge technologies into daily operations.