High electricity bills? Does your computer consumes more power than it should do? If yes then you must find a solution to this problem and turn your computer into an energy efficient and a power saving device. Today the utility that we’ve brought up for you can help you reduce your electricity bills and save some extra bucks. SmartPower is a free utility that saves both energy and money by simply moving your PC to the hibernate state when not in use. It lets you save energy and money by hibernating and resuming your computer according to configurable rules. If your computer stays ON for long times but stays idle then SmartPower is a must have for you.
SmartPower for Windows
The main objective of the software is to Turn Off/Hibernate/Sleep the PC when it is not in use or when it is not consuming much resources. You can setup rules for SmartPower to turn off your computer so that it can work accordingly and save power and money. After every 60 seconds SmartPower would try to hibernate/shutdown your computer but here are the configurations that can be made on SmartPower which will keep the computer ON and running and prevent hibernation:
1. Schedules: This feature lets you set working timings for a computer. You can create different timing for each different day and you can even choose to wake up the computer with the start time. The wake up command will only be possible if the computer is in Hibernate or Sleep. When the end time will be reached the computer will automatically be hibernated/turned off.
2. Users: The feature keeps a computer running when there are active users, if the users become inactive then the computer will no longer be running. You can set the duration for what SmartPower should wait after all the users become inactive.
3. Devices: This feature lets you track the other devices connected on the network. You can enter the IP address of the devices you want to track and if those devices become available then SmartPower would keep your PC running and will not try to turn off/hibernate.
4. Network: Under this feature you can choose the network threshold and your computer will be active only when the network traffic is above the chosen threshold.
5. CPU: It is similar to the network threshold. You can choose a CPU threshold and the computer will be only active if the CPU usage is above the threshold.
6. Process: With this feature you can enable process tracking on your PC and your PC will stay ON if any of your entered process is running.
7. Power Requests: This feature will keep the PC running if a Power Request is made by any software. Power requests are a part of Windows Operating System.
Overall, the software is excellent and the features are convincing too. The software can save many bucks that you pay as your electricity bill. SmartPower is good for our computers as it hibernates them and also give them time to cool down and what else it preserves our precious resources ‘energy’.
Click here to download SmartPower. Its simple online calculator present on the website, can tell you how much money you can save with SmartPower.