Feel inundated with the tons of long emails you receive daily? Shortmail could be your answer! Shortmail is a new email provider that has decided to apply the idea of length-limitation to email. All Shortmail messages and replies must be less than 500 characters.
- Limiting messages to 500 characters puts the burden of conciseness onto senders. With Shortmail, all messages must be concise. And that applies to everyone in the conversation, forcing you to be more concise also
- Spam is almost entirely eliminated at the root. 99% of spam email does not pass its length limitations
- We can present email in a more conversational format.
- Nearly unlimited storage of messages for users.
- Email data becomes more structured.
- All emails are limited to 500 characters. Messages are always short and to the point.
- Email is about communicating with people. Whether publicly or privately, Shrtmail promises to make communicating fun again.
- No attachments, no junk mail, no folder management.
- Get Shortmail on your iPhone, Android, or in your favorite email app. Connect using IMAP, POP3, SMTP, or use our web interface.
Look at it this way – Shortmail is Twitter style email service. And if you have a Twitter name, you have a Shortmail address. You can sign-in with your Twitter account. Once authorised, you will have a Shortmail ID: your-twitter-handle at shortmail dot .com. Messages can be delivered privately and publicly, just like Twitter.
Convinced? Head over to Shortmail to check it out.
Do note that they may, with your permission, send a tweet out, on your behalf, from your Twitter account.
- Tags: Email