If you like keeping your privacy settings such as History, Cookies, etc always under check, give Privacy Manager a try! Privacy Manager for Google Chrome is a web browser extension that lets you access all your Chrome privacy settings in a single drop-down window.
You can certainly access and mange Chrome Privacy settings by clicking the wrench icon, selecting settings > advanced settings and then scrolling down to select the privacy options. But all this requires few clicks. Privacy Manager changes this. It saves you the task of having to open a new tab with Settings to manage your privacy options. The manager does it all from single page with just a click!
Privacy Manager for Chrome
The Chrome extension when added to your browser, dis[lays an icon adjacent to the browser’s address bar. There it can display all privacy management options which it makes available in Chrome.
The extension becomes visible in the form of a new icon in the top right corner of your browser. A mere click on the icon drop down displays a menu of options where you can easily toggle numerous privacy management options.
The user-friendly Chrome extension offers the following features:
Privacy Manager Features
- Safe browsing mode – Helps you protect you from phishing and malware, if enabled
- Instant mode – Enables/disables the option to display real-time search results as you enter text in the Address bar
- Spelling Service – Lets you turn On/Off the spell check feature.
- Translation service – When enabled, allows the Chrome browser to translate pages that aren’t in a language you read.
- Hyperlink auditing – Lets you make a choice whether to be tracked or not, whenever you click a hyperlink.
- Alternative error pages – Restricts Google Chrome from using the web service to resolve navigation errors
- 3-rd party cookies – Lets you avoid tracking by using 3rd party cookies.
Besides managing Privacy Setting of web browser, Privacy Manager automatically deletes cookies, cache, history and more on every start up of Chrome.
If at any point, you feel the need to allow host permissions for manipulating the network data, you can ‘Turn-on’ the Additional Permissions option. After you grant the requested permissions to ‘Privacy Manager’ it can access your data on all websites.
In all, Privacy Manager for Chrome proves thoroughly useful if you do not want the browser to leak your privacy-related information to the web browser maker or Internet.
Download Chrome Privacy Manager.