Windows makes smart use of the user account to give you control over your system. To make it work for you, you’ll want to make sure that your account, which is the system administrator account, is password protected. You can set up Activity Monitoring to do your snooping for you.
Parental Control Features
Parental Controls not only let you pick which games your children can play; they also give you the power to block dubious websites, set time limits, and even block specific programs on your PC to keep the youngsters from messing with your business documents. In short you take control of how your kids use PC.
- Open the Control Panel and then click “Set up family safety for any user” .
- Choose which user you’d like to adjust setting for. If your child doesn’t already have his or her own user account, you can create one by clicking “create a new user account” from the bottom of this screen.
- The user controls menu is the heart of windows’ Parental Controls, giving you a quick glance at your current settings and acting as a gateway to all of this user’s restrictions.
Windows Store and Game Restrictions menu
Here you can choose which games or Windows Store apps a user can access. You can select any specific game you’d like to block or allow, regardless of its rating. If you don’t want to let your kids play at odd times, go back to the User Controls menu and click Time limits. Click the boxes in the grid to block specific time slots.
Windows’ Parental Controls also let you control web surfing and access to other programs on your PC. For Instance, you can set web filtering level and allow or block specific websites to help keep your child away from potentially harmful websites.
To keep the kids from messing around in your finance program, you can block it in the Application Restrictions menu just by putting a checkmark next to it.
Acknowledgement: Thanks to Hemant Saxena for providing the images.
These links are sure to interest you:
- Windows 8 Parental Controls – An Overview
- Free Parental Control Software for Windows
- How to setup, configure, use Parental Controls in Windows
- How to install advanced features such as Web filtering, activity reports, etc in Windows.