We often need to download software, music, and video from the web. Obviously, the native download functionality of the web browser is a good option to opt for when you need to download something. However, the problem starts when you need to download something in bulk or schedule a download, and so on. It becomes difficult to manage multiple downloads in your browser. Sometimes, the browser may fail to fetch the download link and hence, you have to start over everything. But you can take the help of a free download manager. In this article, we will introduce you to another download manager called Ninja Download Manager, which can be considered as a free alternative to Internet Download Manager or IDM.
Ninja Download Manager
Ninja Download Manager provides most of the options of IDM. Some of the features are mentioned below:
- Pause/Resume Download: Like other traditional download managers, you can pause and resume any download in this app. Sometimes, you can get some links that cannot be paused. However, Ninja Download Manager can pause such links as well.
- Limit Download Speed: Let’s assume that you do not have an excellent internet connection and you have to download a software as well as browse the internet. For such times, you can limit the download speed to maintain the browsing speed. Ninja Download Manager has the option to do so.
- Download videos: There is no need to opt for a third-party web app when you can download videos online using this free download manager. The best part is that you can also convert the video to different formats after downloading. You should adhere to Copyright, however.
- Multiple tabs for different status: Most of the download managers have only one tab, where you can find finished, pending, paused, etc. downloads. However, Ninja Download Manager can categorize downloads based on the current status.
- Browser integration: Like IDM, you can integrate this download manager in almost all popular browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc. However, there is no sign of Microsoft Edge, as of now. For Chrome, Firefox and Opera, you need to install the extension.
- Whitelist website: If you have installed a browser add-on, you may find a download sign on every whitelisted website including YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. However, if you do not want to do such, you can remove the website from the whitelist. This is also possible to add a new site in the list.
- Login Manager: Not only a download manager, but also you can use this tool as a password manager, where you can keep your login details securely.
Free alternative to Internet Download Manager
There are many other features included in this download manager for Windows. To get started with it, download and install it on your Windows computer. Following that, start downloading a file. You can copy the download link, click on the Plus sign and paste it there. You can also choose a category, a path to save, filename, save in queue, and so on.
To limit the download speed of a particular download, right-click on it, select Limit Download Speed, and select a speed according to your wish.
To use the login manager, you can click on the Lock sign visible on top menu bar. To download videos, you can copy the video link, click on the YouTube button in Ninja Download Manager, paste it and select options based on your requirements.
Limitations of the free version
The free edition comes with some limitations. You cannot download a video from YouTube of more than 720p size. Even if the original video is a 1080p or even a 4k video, you will have to download it in 720p. Secondly, you need to copy the link manually from the browser and paste it in the download manager. Thirdly, the free version does not include its ‘boost technology’ that can increase your download speed by 10 times. The UI options are a bit limited too.
But considering all the features, Ninja Download Manager Free seems to be quite useful. You can download it from the official website.