The February update of Windows Phone 7 updated the operating system to version 7.0.7008.0. The March NoDo WP7 update which has commenced now, will update the OS to 7.0.7390.0.
This March update will include the following features and enhancements to the operating system:
- Copy & paste. Just tap a word and drag the arrows to copy and paste it on your phone. You can copy text from emails, text messages, web pages, and Office Mobile documents, and paste it anywhere you can type.
- Faster apps and games. The update will reduce the time it takes for apps and games to start up and resume.
- Better Marketplace search. Marketplace search has been streamlined to make it easier to find specific apps, games, or music. Press the Search button in the Apps or Games section of Marketplace and you’ll see only apps or games in the results. Press Search in the Music section of Marketplace to search just the music catalog.
- Marketplace experience improvements. The stability of Marketplace has been improved. while you download apps. Microsoft has also improved the experience of downloading apps larger than 20 megabytes, upgrading from trial apps to paid apps, using a credit card with an address outside the United States, sharing links to apps via email, sorting Xbox LIVE games by release date, and creating an Xbox LIVE account from within the Games Hub.
- Wi-Fi improvements. Your phone will now display your phone’s Media Access Control (MAC) address in Settings. The limit on the number of Wi-Fi profiles that you can store has also been removed. Your phone will now also start faster even if you’ve stored lots of Wi-Fi profiles.
- Camera improvements. Microsoft has improved the stability of switching between camera and video modes.
- Audio improvements. Microsoft has improved the experience of using a Bluetooth headset to make calls when you’re playing music or videos.
- Outlook improvements. Microsoft has improved the experience of viewing iPhone photo attachments you receive from a non-Exchange-based email account, such as a Google Mail, Hotmail, or Yahoo! Mail account, using the Global Address List (GAL) when connecting to Exchange Server 2003 using Exchange ActiveSync, and working with email display names that contain brackets.
- Messaging improvements. Microsoft has improved the experience of receiving Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages if your phone uses a PIN-locked SIM.
- Facebook integration. Microsoft has improved the experience of syncing Facebook accounts.
- Performance improvements. This month’s update also includes software from several phone manufacturers that improves the performance of some specific models.
You might also want to check out the schedule and time table of when and how Microsoft plans to roll out this WP7 update to its users, worldwide.