In today’s busy world many parents remain unaware of their kid’s online activities. While you can always use Windows Live Family Safety to track and monitor activities, there are hundreds of programs out in the market that assure to protect and monitor your children online they cost a monthly subscription fee. Moreover, they are difficult to install.
Qustodio is a free program that monitors your kid’s online activities, their participation in social networks, chat programs and their surfing behavior. In a way, it helps to set healthy access limits, protect against inappropriate content and online predators.
The free parental control program’s advanced technology ensures that no content escapes from its supervision. The innovative Qustodio accommodates some best in class parental control, Internet monitoring features that are lacking even in some top priced solutions.
Some key benefits of using the program:
- Monitor social networking behaviors- Get instant alerts of your child’s suspicious activity when they are using any chat programs or surfing web.
- Tampering protection- No matter how technically advanced your kid is the freeware is tamper-proof and does not allow any manipulation with it.
- Limit online access- Sets healthy limits for your child’s online time. Also, the program’s web portal enables you to monitor and manage their activity from any location or device.
To download and install Qustodio simply follow these steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the download link
- Double-Click on the downloaded installer
- The installer will start installing the app
- Click on ‘Install’
- Click on ‘Next’ and create an account with Qustodio if you do not have one.
- Fill in all the essential details and click on ‘Next’
- Enter the number of children that will be using the computer.
- Enter the names of children, click on ‘Next’
- Furnish basic credentials of your kids and click on ‘Next’ for one more time
- Choose one account for all kids
Key Features of Qustodio:
- Monitors social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter of all friends and connections
- Picks out bad content on sites immediately and classifies all websites dynamically
- Endorses a cool and informative monitoring dashboard readily accessible from any device
- Totally child proof
Qustodio free download
It is always a good idea to create a system restore point first before trying out any new software. Qustodio is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP. Download Qustodio from here.
If you are simply looking for a web browser with parental control features, check out Weblock for Kids.
How to setup, configure and use the Parental Controls and how to install advanced features such as Web filtering, activity reports etc using Parental Controls in Windows 7 may also interest you.