If you cannot turn on the WiFi mobile hotspot and you see a message We can’t set up mobile hotspot, Turn on Wi-Fi on your Windows 10 PC, here are a few suggestions that will help you fix the problem.
Mobile Hotspot not working in Windows 10
We can’t setup mobile hotspot, Turn on Wi-Fi
The Internet is something which we need everywhere, if not the mobile data and broadband; we need the hotspot from someone. While mobile hotspot is a very convenient option, it sometimes shows the configuration errors.
A mobile hotspot is a technology which lets you share your internet connection with other devices using the WiFi feature.
Windows 10 comes with the option to create Mobile Hotspot. But if you cannot turn on the WiFi mobile hotspot and you see a message We can’t set up mobile hotspot on your Windows 10 PC, here are a few suggestions that will help you fix the problem. There are several reasons which can lead to such errors in connecting with the mobile hotspot. But, before we start with the fixes of these errors, the very first thing recommended is to check the connection with some other device so that you know that the issue if with your hotspot settings in Windows PC or in the device you are connecting.
The second thing recommended is to check if the internet connection is working properly or not, is it your system or the connection itself is creating the problem.
Well, if these two checks are done and you still aren’t able to get it connected, check the following fixes-
1] Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Windows 10 PC comes with the troubleshooters for all your issues, do check with it first and classify what exactly is the error.
- Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
- The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
Read: 5 Troubleshooters to fix Network related problems.
2] Update the driver
If you are a regular PC user, you must know that the outdated drivers often create issues in the functionality. Thus it is advised to update the Network adapter driver if you are facing the issues in connecting your mobile hotspot.
To update the driver, you need to open the Device Manager.
- Type Device Manager in the search box and open it.
- Go to the Network Adapters.
- Select your Network Adapter from the list and right click.
- Select Update driver
- Once done with the update, reboot your PC.
- Check if it resolves the issue of your mobile hotspot.
3] Change Adapter Settings
- Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
- Press Win+I to open Settings and go to Network and Internet.
- Scroll down the left pane and select Mobile Hotspot.
- Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on Change adapter options.
- Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to Properties.
- Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.
4] Check Registry settings
Type regedit in Start menu and open Registry Editor. Right-click and select Run as administrator. Now navigate to the following registry key:
Right-click on HostedNetworkSettings in the right pane and select Delete.
These are some of the fixes for the most common errors while connecting mobile hotspot on Windows 10. Do let us know if you have some other fixes to add to the list.
Related read: Device frequently disconnects from Windows 10 hotspot & fails to reconnect.