Where do you contact Microsoft Support, if you face problems relating to Windows, Office, or any other Microsoft software or service? This post will list down some useful resource links, phone numbers, and email ID, from where you can receive help from Microsoft.
Before you begin, I want you to know that this site is owned by me and is in no way affiliated with Microsoft. I have only listed the various ways you can contact Microsoft for help and support. You will have to contact them directly.
Microsoft offers support to all customers using its products – and this takes different forms.
- Microsoft Customer Service and Support is available to help you with questions about Microsoft products and services. In this case, a Microsoft representative will help you locate the appropriate resource or team to answer questions. This is meant to be used if you have general customer service questions
- Microsoft Technical Support will provide support options and locate the appropriate support team to resolve technical support issues, which you may be facing. This may include self-help support or assisted support.
To begin with, you can visit this page, mention your country and select the product for which you wish to receive support.
You can also visit this link to:
- Message a Windows Advisor
- Make Microsoft call you back
- Schedule a call.
Windows 10 users can use the Contact Support app.
Microsoft Support Phone Number
You can contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support on the following telephone numbers, Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM Pacific Time and Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Time:
- In the USA, (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676)
- In Canada, call (877)568-2495
- In India, contact 0008004402130
- In UK, contact 0800 026 03 30
You can get the Microsoft Support telephone number for your country here – and check out the local timings too. Before you begin, its a good idea to keep the name and version of the product you are using, the product identification number or the product key ready. Microsoft representatives will determine the warranty status of the product. The links at the end of this post may help you collect troubleshooting data.
The Customer Service number for Microsoft Corporation in the USA is 1800 102 1100. The Global Customer Service phone numbers for all countries have been mentioned here.
Microsoft Support Chat
You can also contact Microsoft Support by email and chat. If a Customer Service Agent is online and available for a chat here, you will see a message to this effect. If not, you will see Instant Chat: Customer Service Agents are OFFLINE message, on the right side. You may then try and visit this page for Chat support. You can also receive Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft.
You could also use the services of Microsoft Answer Desk, a live paid Tech Support site, to chat with a Microsoft Support executive.
Microsoft also offers a Virtual Support Agent. See if it solves your issues.
Email Microsoft Support
If the Customer Service Agent is offline and if you have any general questions about Microsoft products or services, you can use this form to email Microsoft. They will contact you back via email.
Useful Help & Resource Links
If you need solutions and are willing to search for them, you can do so here on Microsoft Support. Sure, you will always find a lot of tips and troubleshooting tutorials for Windows, here on TWC too.
The Microsoft Support Official Twitter Account is @MicrosoftHelps.
If you need Paid Support from Microsoft, you could try Fix It Center Pro, an automated diagnostic portal to help you resolve your issues.
Support for OEM products
If the question pertains to OEM products that you may be using, you may be required to contact the Computer Manufacturers directly. These links will help you:
- Computer Manufacturers’ Contact Information
- Computer Manufacturers’ Support Phone Numbers and Websites.
But If you purchased a Signature PC from the Microsoft Store, you may call 877-696-7786.
Volume Licensing Support
Here is a list of Microsoft Licensing Activation Centers worldwide along with their telephone numbers that can help you with Volume Licensing Activation issues.
Have Microsoft call you back
To chat, have Microsoft call you back, or to schedule a call, you can visit Microsoft here.
Windows 10 Support
Microsoft has made it easier for Windows 10 users to contact Support if you face any problems while using the new OS. See how to use the Contact Support app. There are other ways to get help for Windows 10. You can contact Microsoft Customer Support at Phone Number 1 800-642-7676 or microsoft.com/contactus. You can now also give or take Tech Support remotely using Quick Assist in Windows 10.
You may want to read these links which may help you when seeking help and support from Microsoft:
- Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10/8/7, is used by Microsoft Support to help diagnose Windows problems.
- The Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool facilitates the gathering of critical system and logging information used in troubleshooting support issues. This information helps diagnose problems in the software quicker and provide solutions.
- Microsoft Easy Assist allows a Microsoft support professional to remotely connect to your computer and help you solve a problem. Using a secure connection, the support professional can view your desktop and perform diagnostics and troubleshooting steps.
Remember, Microsoft will never contact you on their own, for any problems you may be facing with your computer or Microsoft software and services. And in any case, you will never receive a legitimate call from Microsoft or its partners to charge you for computer fixes. If you do receive such a phone call or an email, stating that they represent Microsoft and proffer help, you can be sure that its a scam! Never give out any details or access to your computer.
NOTE: Please do not trust anyone who promises to help you or anyone who mentions his email ID/contact details in the comments below. If you have a question contact Microsoft directly or search for it here on this site by clicking here. You may be able to find a post about it.