How would it feel if Microsoft decided that it would be hosting all your companies email accounts, office documents, your online conferencing or your internal as well as external websites? Yes, it’s kind of true. This is happening, with Microsoft’s new cloud service with Business Productivity Online Standard Suite, also known as BPOS.
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite is a set of messaging and collaboration tools, delivered as a subscription service, that gives your business rich capabilities without the need to deploy and maintain software and hardware on-premise. These online services are designed to help meet your needs for robust security, all-day every-day reliability, and user productivity
If you are a mid level company and need to host your website on Microsoft servers rather than buying any other service provider or setting up your own web server, it’s quite easy and cheap for those companies which are trying to get ahead by impressing their clients that they are using cloud services of Microsoft.
Monthly plans starts from $10 and there are many plans available to choose from according to your Business needs. With Business Productivity Online Standard Suite, you get:
- Familiar, trusted services delivered from the cloud—quickly and easily.
- Multiple online services—the best value for customers who need more than one online service.
- Always-up-to-date technologies backed by a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- 25 gigabytes (GB) of mailbox storage per standard license.
- Mobile access through a variety of mobile devices to key services, including email, calendar, and shared content.
- Economical options for your entire workforce—mobile and deskless workers can get simple access to email and portals with Business Productivity Online Deskless Worker Suite.
Microsoft Business Productivity Online standard suite is divided into four parts:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Online: It hosts your internal as well as external website. SharePoint is a Content Management System portal which has been provided to you by Microsoft. Here, you could manage your website and develop it as you want.
- Microsoft Exchange Server Online: Through this product you are hosting your corporate email address using Microsoft Exchange server. You could have an email address with your domain. Doesn’t that sound interesting?
- Microsoft Office Communications Online: Here you could store your Microsoft office documents, say word, PowerPoint, excel sheets etc. You could share these documents with which you want using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting Server: Now, it’s the time to impress your client by having an online conference with him. Yes, this could be done using Microsoft Office Communications server. You could call or simply have a video chat with as many employees or clients you want, just by installing a simple Live Meeting plug-in.
If you are an organization with more than 150 employees this is the best way to implement your business solutions. You would get a high performance, 99% uptime and high reliability for your content. The cost of Business Productivity Online Standard Suite is just $10 per month.