With 2012 a few days away, everyone will be getting ready to celebrate with family and friends and start their yearly ritual of New Years resolutions. Every year you kind find all sorts of new things to set the New Year off in a unique fashion and this year HP is making no exception.
HP has started a project called TwitterWisher which allows users of Twitter to Tweet in the New Year and have a chance to have your tweet printed on a balloon which HP is letting loose to the sky from its headquarters near Dubai. Not only do they give you a chance to get a balloon printed with your tweet, if you or anyone else locates a balloon, you are able to track the balloons via the TwitterWisher page.
How it works
For a chance of having your tweet printed on a balloon:
- You must have a Twitter account. if you don’t have one sign up for free via the Twitter Registration page.
- After signing into Twitter, head over to the TwitterWisher project page.
- Click the Tweet Button then enter the Tweet you would like printed on a balloon. 100 character limit
- When you are happy with your tweet click the Tweet button!
Found a TwitterWisher balloon and want to enter it into the tracker:
- Visit the TwitterWisher project page and at the bottom drag the snowflake over to the I Found One option.
- Click the EnterID button and enter the ID of the balloon.
Already got a balloon printed with your tweet and want to check to see if it has been located:
- Visit the TwitterWisher project page and at the bottom, drag the snowflake over to Balloons Found.
- You can enter your balloon id or view all the balloons found.
As of this posting 59 balloons have been released and 1 balloon has been located!
Want to do something special for the New Year, go ahead and get a chance at a printed Tweet Balloon!
Note: Internet Explorer users may have a bit of difficulty with the animations freezing on the page. Page viewed fine on Firefox.