When you touch your device touchscreen, you get to see visual feedback that tells you that your touch has been recognized. You can disable this touch feedback or make it darker and larger, if you wish, by following the steps laid down in this post.
Make visual feedback for touch points darker & larger
To disable touch feedback or make it darker and larger on your Windows 10 touchscreen device, follow these steps:
- Right-click on Start to open the WinX menu
- Open Settings
- Navigate to Ease of Access > Vision > Cursor & pointer
- To disable touch feedback, toggle the Change touch feedback to the Off position
- To make touch feedback darker and larger, make sure that the toggle is On and select the Make visual feedback for touch points darker & larger option.
Now check and see if you got it working.
This short clip illustrates the disabled, normal and darker options.
You can also make the changes using the Registry:
Open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:
Look for the ContactVisualization DWORD and set its value as follows:
- 0 – Disable visual feedback.
- 1 – Enable visual feedback.
- 2 – Make visual touch feedback darker and larger.
If you do not see the ContactVisualization DWORD value, create it.
All the best!
- Tags: Touch