These days, it is always a good idea to have a bootable USB handy. Especially if you a laptop user. You can use a bootble USB or media to install an operating system and more. WinToFlash is a free tool thats lets you create a bootable USB and transfer your Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 2003 setup from your CD or DVD installation media to a USB drive, in just a few clicks. This way, you will be able to install your Windows from a flash drive, USB pen, HDD, etc to your computer or netbook.
WinToFlash will also allow you to transfer your live CD or DVD to a USB card; eg BartPE. You can erase your USB media and format it with Windows for every day use.
WinToFlash has a easy-to-use wizard that will run you through the entire process and help you pull over the contents of a Windows installation CD or DVD and prep the USB drive to become a bootable replacement for the optical drive.
- Create a USB bootable drive with emergency bootloader for Windows
- Transfer Windows 7 installation to a USB drive
- Create a USB bootable drive with Windows Recovery Console
- USB media erasing – Full or quick options
- WinPE (BartPE based on Windows XP/2003, WinPE based on Windows Vista/2008/7) to a USB drive transfer
- Transfer: MS-DOS to a USB drive.
Download: wintoflash.com. NOTE: Please see comment by DrewMathers. There is a report that the installer is now infecting users with adware.
You might want to have a look at these resources instead: