Microsoft released its last major update the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 recently around two months ago, and people have started to report the bugs in the build. There is one of the major bugs where some of the people need to login twice, i.e. entering the password two times before they can actually log into the Windows and continue with their work. I personally faced this issue where I was required to log in twice to access the desktop.
Login Screen appears twice in Windows 10
If you are facing this issue, here is what you can do to fix the issue.
1] Disable Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart setting
- Go to Settings by heading to Start Button and then the Settings icon.
- Head to Update & Security section and select the Advanced Options.
- In the next section, you will find Disable “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart”. Turn it off and restart Windows. If it is already turned off you will have to move to the second workaround.
2] Remove duplicate usernames
- Open RUN Dialogue box from the Start Menu, and enter netplwiz.
- There will be two different usernames with the same name (since I have already resolved the issue once I don’t have duplicate usernames.).
- Remove one of the users and you will be fine with the issue.
- Restart the windows and see if the issue is solved.
3] Allow automatic login
- Open Netplwiz.exe from RUN Dialogue Box.
- Un-check the “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer”.
- Restart the PC.
- Again open the Dialogue box.
- Check the Require a Login box.
- Restart the PC and your issue is solved.
These are some of the workarounds for your issue. Do let us know if you are experiencing the same issue with your Windows 10 PC. If you are having any other solution to this issue, do let us know in the comment section below, this will do help other users if the above solutions and workaround fail to work.
- Tags: Login