Google offers a lot more services except Searching and emailing. There are many services which even may or maybe not used by you till now. In this whole new series, I am going to discuss almost all the Google services and products available currently. The complete list of Google products is available under the ‘even more’ tab on Google.com.
In this first article of this series I discuss two Google services:
- Google Alerts
- Google Blog Search
1. Google Alerts: Don’t want to miss any news, updates or any other relevant information on your favorite topics? Google Alerts is the right alerting service for you! Just subscribe to your favorite topic and get updates directly to your email account inbox as soon as they’ll get published over the internet.
To create an Alert you have to visit this page and have to fill up little query form regarding which content and how frequent you would like to get updated. The form will look like this:
- In the first column provide the search terms for which you want to get updated. for e.g. Microsoft, Apple, iPhone, etc.
- In the second column provide the type of the information which you want, whether it will be news, blog posts, etc. (choose everything if you don’t want to miss any tiny piece of related info).
- In the rest of the field provide the relevant information asked such as how frequently you want updates, your email address, etc.
Google Alerts is one of its own kind of services and very helpful because it eliminates the need for refining the results about the information only which we want to speculate from the millions of other results.
Like many other Google products, Google Alerts is also in Beta phase. It only provides the results that are crawled by Google crawlers or bots.
2. Google Blog Search: There are millions of blogs related to different interest areas, using Google Blog search you can search the most relevant content from the world of blogs. This service not only searches Bloggers platform blogs but also provides results from blogs that use other kinds of blogging platforms such as WordPress, Typepad, etc.
Using a blog search is as easy as we do a simple search. Just type your search query and click on the search button and you’ll get the results from the blogs only. Now find your favorite Blogs easily.
In the next article, I will share more Google products in the Search category.
Note: The list of Google products may differ according to the Domain you are using, for e.g. the list of products for Google.co.in are differ from the list of Google.com.
- Tags: Google