If you are receiving a Windows 10 Activation Error code 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210, 0xC004F034 and 0xC004F00F, they all point to the same thing – Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch. This means that either you are entering a wrong product key or you are using the wrong ISO when installing it on your Windows 10 Computer. You may even see a message like:
- You are running Windows 10 Pro, but you have valid digital license for Windows 10 Home
- The specified product key is invalid or is unsupported by this version
In this post, we are providing you with a solution for all of them.
Activation Error Code:
- 0xC004F00F: You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro.
- 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210: You might see this error if you entered a product key for a different version or edition of Windows.
- 0xC004F034: You might see this error if you entered an invalid product key or a product key for a different version of Windows.
Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch
0xC004F00F: This occurs when you have entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows 10 while trying to activate Windows 10 Home or Pro. It is possible that you have a key from your work, and you are accidentally using it at your Home PC. If that’s the case, you should find out the key you got for your Home computer, and activate it.
0xC004E016, 0xC004F210: To resolve this first check if your product key is actually for the version of the version of Windows like in above case.
However, if you previously upgraded to Windows 10, but the current edition of Windows installed on your device doesn’t match the edition of your digital license. This means you might have changed some hardware on your Windows 10 computer. The best way out is to use the same account or use the Windows Activation Troubleshooter.
0xC004F034: Activation error 0xC004F034 is related with KMS issue, please follow the link to fix the issue.
There is a thumb rule for resolving these kind of errors. Either the version of Windows you are trying to activate is wrong, or the product key is a mismatch. Make sure to verify from wherever you have bought the license to confirm on the version. Also, make sure to use the same account to activate Windows. It will save you from most of the trouble.