Alexa ranking is provided by Alexa.com based on your blog traffic. But I have seen blog generating a lot of traffic, but still, their Alexa is not good enough. The reason is simple Alexa don’t know about them. In this tutorial, I will tell you a way by which you can improve your Alexa ranking within a week, and it is 100% working no fake promises.
What is the Alexa Rank?
The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on the geometric mean of these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users) – Alexa.com
Improve Alexa ranking
To improve Alexa rank up to a point, just follow these simple steps:
1. Add Alexa Site Widget: As I said you need to let Alexa know about your blog, so what better way you can find than adding an Alexa site widget at your sidebar which let Alexa know about your pages when your visitors access them. Just put this widget and will assure you your Alexa rank will definitely be improved. If you wish to hide the Alexa widget from displaying on your site, you can do that too, by modifying the code. Search for this on the internet, and you will get the answer. UPDATE: Alexa widgets have been retired as of October 2016.
2. Install the Alexa toolbar: This also serves the same purpose as the Alexa site widget, as it sends information of a particular page to Alexa. It is available for various browsers on the Alexa website.
3. Encourage others to use the Alexa toolbar: But like Alexa site widget which is available on each page and is helpful when a page is loaded either by you or your visitor, Alexa toolbar doesn’t serve the same purpose. It is helpful only when most of your visitor uses it. So encourage your visitors to use the Alexa toolbar.
4. Get reviews: Ask your friend and visitors to write a short review of your blog at Alexa, this will also help to improve Alexa ranking. You can use Alexa review widget for this.
5. Claim your Site: Claim ownership of your site to easily update your site information and engage your users by responding to reviews of your site.
Awhat’sats the use of a good Alexa rank?
Websites like SponsoredReviews.com, Bidvertiser.com, etc. in general all paid review websites see your Alexa ranking. A low rank gives you higher paying posts. Most advertisers still check your traffic rank and Google PageRank if they are deciding to advertise on your blog.
Write Unique content & update your blog daily. Moreover, promote your post on social networking and social voting sites. These are some simple steps that you must do to improve your Alexa ranking. But the main thing is you do add Alexa Site Widget.
But ask yourself first … Is a high Alexa rank important?