Gmail chat appears to have introduced some new features, including voice, video & group chat. When I logged in to my GMail account today morning, I noticed some new changes in the GMail chat window.
Have a look at the screenshot :
The new features I noticed are as follows :
- You can now invite people for voice/video chat.
- All your friends/ colleagues can also be invited in order to have a group chat.
- A pop-out button has been added which is located between the minimize and close button. Clicking this, results in the opening of a new chat window.
- If you don’t wish to chat with someone, you can also block that person now.
- A new feature called go-off the record is also added. If you click it, it reads as follows “You are now off the record (from now on, chats with firstname.lastname@example.org will not be saved in email@example.com’s account or yours)” If you use this, your chat messages wont be saved if you miss some.
I have noticed all these additional features only in GMail chat and none in the Google Talk application.
The author of this post Rigved Sathe is a 16-year-old teen from India and this is his first post here at TWC.