One of the newest features of Windows 10/8 is the availability of Microsoft Store applications. There are tons of applications available and a lot of new applications are added to the store on a regular basis by a lot of developers across the globe. I have seen a lot of people having issues where they are not able to install these applications. It either will say the application has failed to install or you can see the status as pending for a really long time. After some research, I find that there are mainly two methods that have proven to resolve this issue. In this article, we’ll discuss those two methods.
Cannot update Windows Store apps
First, we’ll run the native Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix this issue. We have to run the “Fix problems with Windows Update” package to troubleshoot this problem. Here is how
- Go to Windows Modern UI screen and type in Control and click on Control Panel (or) Press Win + R to open Run and type in Control and press OK.
- Under “System and Security” click on “Find and Fix problems”.
- There click on “Fix problems with Windows Update”.
- Now just follow the wizard. Once it completes it work, reboot the system and test it again.
Windows Store apps will not update
The next method is to rule out any third-party Firewall or application conflict. To do so you need to reboot the system in Selective Startup or Diagnostic Startup. Here is how:
- Press Win + R to open Run and type in MSCONFIG
- In General tab select “Selective Startup” and uncheck on “Load Startup items”.
- Now click on the “Services” tab and uncheck on “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Click on “Disable all” then just check your Wireless adaptor.
- If you’re not sure which is your WiFi adaptor then press Win + R to open Run and type in MSINFO32.
- Then expand Components –> Network –> Adaptor and on the right side you should find it.
- Now click OK and reboot your system and test it.
- Once it’s complete you can switch it back to “Normal Startup”
Check this if you are Unable to Install Apps from Windows Store.
We have already written a few articles that will help you troubleshoot Windows Store app problems:
- Windows Apps Troubleshooter
- Error 0x80073cf9 While Installing Apps From Windows Store
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Random Windows App Crashes & Freezes
- Windows Store apps crashing – Perform Clean Uninstall using PowerShell
- Reset Windows Store Cache
- Windows apps not working? – Repair Windows Apps
- Windows Tiles are not working.