If in your Windows 10/8/7, Windows Vista or Windows XP computer, you find that there is no sound or that sound is missing, then this Fix It from Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service will definitely help you.
Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair sound & audio problems
This fix will automatically diagnose and repair problems with sound and audio on your computer or when your computer does not play sound. It will diagnose, troubleshoot and fix sound playback problems and audio recording problems.
What it fixes:
- Identify if the correct audio services are running
- Identify if your audio device is disabled or turned off in Windows
- Identify if your audio device is muted
- Identify if the volume of your audio device is set too low to hear
- Identify if the audio device is not set as default
- Determine if your audio device is plugged in
- You receive an error that states: There might be a problem with your audio device
Visit Microsoft ATS and download this Fix It to resolve your sound problems.
Windows 7 and later users also can always use its in-built troubleshooters! You can find the troubleshooters for Find and fix Audio playback and recording problems, already included in your operating system.
These links may also interest you:
- Fix: No sound or Sound is missing on Windows 10/8/7 computer
- No Sound in Windows 8 apps
- How To Change Windows 7 and Vista Sounds
- How to restrict changing of Sound Scheme in Windows.