If when you connect a hardware device to your Windows computer, you find that it is not detected or working, you can apply this Fix It from Microsoft and see if it helps.
Hardware devices are not detected or working in Windows
What it fixes:
- When you install a hardware device, it is not detected
- Determine if your audio device is plugged in
- Driver updates aren’t automatically installed by Windows Update
- You receive one of the following errors: Your <Device> is currently disabled or turned off in Windows OR Your <Device> has a driver problem and needs to be reinstalled
- Windows has detected a problem with your <Device>, it is not working properly
- There is no driver installed for your <Device>
If you are a Windows Vista user, head over to Microsoft Support to download it. Windows 10/8/7 may want to use the built-in Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
This post tells you what to do if SD Card Reader not working in Windows 10.
These links may also interest you: