Remembering all your favorite websites names and URLs where you usually go on the Internet is not an easy job. Usually, you bookmark your favorite sites – but this is a rather fragmented process. Moreover, you don’t get any option where you could easily organize them in a sortable column. We have already covered TidyFavorites, a free online bookmarks manager earlier. But if you are searching for another free bookmarks manager software, that does the job for you, try Fav-Links – A free visual bookmark manager.
Fav-Links is a program that gives you an easy and quick way to organize your favorites, bookmarks. The application can be accessed online or from a local computer, when downloaded. Fav-Links has a very simple and convenient Graphic User Interface that offers easy access via keys combination too.
As mentioned, the application is available in 2 versions:
- Freeware desktop application – Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Free Online version – Requires registration
How does Fav-Link Work
- Download the program and install it (Note: The desktop version requires .NET Framework 4.
- Launch the program and search for the Fav-Links icon (green color flower) in the top left corner of your computer screen.
- Set the shortcut for accessing the application by pressing Q+A keys on your keyboard.
- Start adding links to the application by simply dragging-n-dropping them from the browser to Fav-Links icon, located in the top-left corner. Arrange links in a sortable column (category). For example, websites related to tech in one column and food in other. The icon can be moved and placed anywhere on your desktop screen.
- As an alternative to the above step, one can copy link to the clipboard and then right-click on Fav-Links icon. From the new menu that will pop-up choose ‘Add New Link’.
- Now, to open the categories or search just move the mouse to the top of the screen. If you want, you can edit a link or a category. To do this, right-click on the selected object.
- Use ‘Esc’ key for quick back navigation.
- Browser independent
- Attractive Screen Overlay
- URL Search support
- Category view support
- User-created thumbnails.
Head over to fav-links.org/BookmarkManager/ if you want to check it out.