In this modern world most of us are using computers to manage their personal information, including dairies. There are a lot of ways to save such information. Some use Microsoft Word while others may use some other applications. In the search for the perfect Information Managing application, I came across lot of applications, both paid and freeware. I was more interested in freeware than paid software, and that’s how I came across es-Builder.
Personal Information Manager software
es-Builder is an all-rounder as it is packed with lot of features for both business and personal use. I have to confess it’s not very easy to use and I had to take some time to learn the application, but once you understand the application, it’s very easy to work with it. I’m not going into a lot of details of this application, I’ll just list a few features and some basic points. I’m sure you should be able to figure out by yourself.
According to es-Builder these are the features of the software:
- Highly Customizable – Build your personalized data structure to fit your own need.
- Customize Input Layout – Easily arrange and customize the input layout and the input order of each table.
- Shortcut Homepage – Drag the table and plugin items into the homepage for fast access.
- Dashboard Widget – Use dashboard widget to show the plugin result on the home page.
- Field Format – Customize the display format and the input mask of each field.
- Field Group – Assign the fields to the same group for convenient layout arrangement.
- Advance Input Control – Choose different input control with options to make your own input style.
- Lookup – You can enable the “Lookup” feature of each field. It allows you to select the other table’s data in an easy way.
- Field Expression – Use an expression in a field. This expression supports SQL function and operator. Example: [Price] * [Qty].
- Advance Default Value – Setup an auto increment pattern for the default value of the field.
- Master-Detail Table – Build a detail table easily. You don’t have to learn the complex concept of Master-Detail relationship. Just one click to build it and use it.
- Unlimited Detail Tables – Build more than 1 detail table in a single master table.
- Filtering, Grouping and Sorting – Filter, group and sort the data in the very flexible grid view.
- Complex Criteria – Build the complex criteria to filter the data. It supports AND, OR operator to get the best result.
- Tag Support – Each record is tag support. You can search data in the Tag Cloud.
- Format Condition – Change the appearance of the grid by format condition.
- Shortcut Parameters – Change the appearance of the shortcut item.
- Lookup Replacement – Replace the field with specify value after a Lookup record is selected.
- Lookup Advance Filter – Dynamically filter the Lookup table records.
- Data Export – Export data to CSV format file.
- Data Import – Import data from the CSV file and the Book.
- Data Mining – Use the pivot grid and chart to analyze the data.
- View – Design view for each table.
- Chart – Design chart for each table.
- Report – Design report for each table.
- Schedule – Design schedule for each table.
- Mail – Design mail for each table.
- Password Protection – Support password protection for the Book.
- User Login – Add user login to a Book with functional restrictions.
- Lifetime License – You pay for the program only the first time and get all new versions of the same edition program for FREE and for lifetime. That’s a lot of features for a freeware. There is also a licensed paid version with some additional benefits.
Once you download and install it, you can go ahead and create a new book in which there are two default template. One is called Personal and other is called Business. There you can select what you want.
If you are selecting Personal, then there are two journal from which you can choose it from.
Here just click on the Add button, and you can start typing whatever you wish and later on you can access it from the File Menu and click on Open. There is no Save option. Whatever you enter will automatically save so you can save some time there also and avoid the risk of forgetting to save or crashing while typing.
If you’re choosing the Business option there are 6 different shortcuts from which you can choose from:
Here you can Invoices, Customers, Daily Sales Report, Invoice printing and Stock list. Then in the second panel you have Stocks, Customers and Suppliers.
Under Customers and Supplies is where you’ll enter your Prospects or customer information. Remember there aren’t a lot of fields available, but there is option to create a field and customize it.
To conclude, es-Builder is an excellent personal information manager and database builder that you can get it for free with a lot of features. You just need to pass the learning curve to master the software. You can download it from here.
- Tags: Freeware